Friday 27 April 2018

Diabetic Retinopathy


Causes for diabetic retinopathy:

Retina is a tissue layer lying behind the eye which is responsible for changing of image, but due to high levels of blood sugar over a long period leads to blockage of the blood vessels which supply blood to the retina. So, the eye attempts to produce new blood vessels, which are usually weak and can leak easily and create scar tissue that can cause a loss of vision. High blood pressure also leads to diabetic retinopathy.
People with diabetes for longer period are certainly to show the chances of developing diabetic retinopathy. By maintaining the diabetes under control will help slower the process of retinopathy.
Women with diabetes should have an eye exam before planning to get pregnant.
Diabetic retinopathy leads to haemorrhages, exudates and even swelling of the retina.

Diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy:

Diabetic retinopathy is detected by comprehensive dilated eye exam which includes

Visual acuity testing – Here eye chart is used to measure the persons ability to see at various distance and how much the eye is being damaged.

Tonometry – It is performed to measure the pressure inside the eye.

Pupil dilation – Here eye drops are used to dilate the pupil which helps the physician to easily examine the retina and the nerves

Optical coherence tomography (OCT) – A similar technique used in ultrasound but here instead of sound waves light waves are used to capture pictures of tissues. By OCT a detailed image of the tissue.
 
Fluorescein angiogram – Here Fluorescein angiogram is used to detect the damaged or leaky blood vessels. In this test, fluorescent dye is injected into the bloodstream usually to the arm vein, as the dye reaches the eye pictures of the retinal blood vessels are taken and examined.

By performing a comprehensive dilated eye exam, the physician can examine:

-          Changes in the blood vessels
-          Leakage of blood vessels or signs of leaky blood vessels
-          Swelling of the macula
-          Changes in the lens if required or not
-          Any damage to the nerve tissue



1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer. , Leukemia, lung cancer, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer Fibromyalgia,
    Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy,Sclerosis sickness, Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Lupus, Adrenocortic Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.HIV Help, Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    ,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Meniere's disease,Thyroid Cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer
    HIV Aids, Herpes, Disease Chronic inflammatory, Memory disorder,
     Here is his contact information ...... [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Whatsapp ... + 2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete