Friday 30 March 2018

Diabetic Retinopathy

Definition:
It is a condition where the blood vessels of the retina are damaged in people who have diabetes either type 1 or 2, along with uncontrolled blood sugar levels. Initially the vision is blurred mildly and in later stages if untreated may lead to blindness.

Types of diabetic retinopathy

Non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR)

It is the early stage in diabetic retinopathy where the eye doesn’t make new blood vessels, so it is called as “non-proliferative”. It is also called as background retinopathy. During this stage usually, the damaged blood vessels leak blood and fluids into the eye, in few cases nerve fibers in the retina begin to swell. This leads to the condition called macula edema. NPDR contains three stages mild, moderate and severe, which further leads to Proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR).

Proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR)

Advanced diabetic retinopathy is the stage where the new blood vessels begin to grow within the retina, these are usually abnormal and grow in the center of the eye. These leak jelly like substance that fills the center if the eye. By the growth of the new blood vessels the scar tissues are stimulated which may cause the detachment of retina from back of the eye. If the normal fluid flow out of the eye are interfered by the new blood vessels, pressure may build up in the eyeball, which can damage the nerve which carry images to the brain resulting in glaucoma.

Symptoms: 

Usually the symptoms are not seen in the early stages of diabetic retinopathy, but you can prevent it by maintaining the blood sugar levels in the body and by having regular eye check-up.

-          Difficulty in seeing at night.
-          Blurred vision
-          Difficulty in differentiation the colors
-          Seeing floaters or dark spots
-          Loss of vision
-          Eye pain
-          Double vision

For more details: https://endocrinology.diabetesexpo.com/


1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer. , Leukemia, lung cancer, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer Fibromyalgia,
    Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy,Sclerosis sickness, Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Lupus, Adrenocortic Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.HIV Help, Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    ,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Meniere's disease,Thyroid Cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer
    HIV Aids, Herpes, Disease Chronic inflammatory, Memory disorder,
     Here is his contact information ...... [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Whatsapp ... + 2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete